Source: Redfin —
April was another history-making month for housing, with homes selling for higher prices and in fewer days since at least 2012, when Redfin began tracking national housing data. The following measures all hit new records:
- The national median home-sale price hit a record high of $370,528, up 22% from 2020.
- The number of homes for sale fell to a record low.
- The typical home sold in just 19 days, a record low.
- 49% of homes sold above their list price, a record high.
- The average sale-to-list ratio, a measure of how close homes are selling to their asking prices, hit a record high of 101.6%.