Source: Redfin —
About two-thirds of surveyed Redfin.com users who moved to a different metro over the last year have the same or lower housing costs; almost as many said their new home is the same size or bigger.
Key findings from a recent survey of Redfin.com users who moved to a different metro area from March 2020 through March 2021:
- 78% have the same or more disposable income after their move.
- 68% have the same or lower housing costs than before their move.
- 64% moved into a home that’s the same size or bigger than their previous residence.
- 80% have no regrets about their decision to relocate.
- 80% are happier post-move.