Source: Las Cruces Sun News —
Most people are aware that the spring and summer months are considered the “high season” for real estate sales. In most areas of the country, sales begin trending upward in April and May and remain brisk well into the summer months. The scenario isn’t much different here in Las Cruces. Warm weather, summer vacation and income tax refunds combine to make a great time for buyers and sellers to literally make their moves.
What about the winter months? Do sales take a significant dip in the “off-season?” According to statistics pulled from the Las Cruces Association of Realtors on Nov. 17, the answer is they used to — but not anymore. Between 2015 and 2019, spring and summer sales accounted for roughly 55 percent of those year’s annual productions with fall and winter sales making up the remaining 45 percent. Last year, the ratio was 59.1 percent and 49.9 percent. It appears that the trend will continue this year.